Published Date: Monday, 22 June 2020
The subject committee and clinical course assessments which have been postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic period will be completed between June 22 – July 3, 2020, via the distant learning platform of Marmara University (UZEM).
Our students are kindly requested to read the following issues carefully and act accordingly while uploading their homework in order to not to have any problems during this process and so that their homework is not deemed invalid.
ISSUES TO PAY ATTENTION ABOUT COMMITTEE ASSESSMENT ASSIGNMENTS:
1. The students will reach the platform via uzem.marmara.edu.tr using the following username and password (It is best advised to log in before the start of the assessment period to check for any problems):
Username: student number (without the letter “o” at the beginning)
Password: Turkish Republic ID number
2. Homework will be available at the previously announced dates, from 09:00 a.m. on for Year 1, 2 and 3 students; and at 10:00 a.m. on for Year 4 and 5 students.
3. The system will be open to uploads for 24 hours long unless stated otherwise.
4. There will be separate homework assignments for Marmara University program and Marmara Uni-Eastern Mediterranean Uni Joint program for Year 1, 2 and 3 students. The students must download the specific assignment of their program and upload it to the specific site reserved for it. Downloading and completing the incorrect assignment will be upon the own responsibility of the student in which case the assignment will not be evaluated and deemed undone.
5. All assignments of a specific year will be available to all registered students of that year. The students who are not responsible for the specific subject committee / clinical course should not complete its assignment.
6. For clinical courses, there could be different assignments for different groups of students, which will be announced in a list together with the assignments. The students should download and complete his/her specific assignment accordingly. Downloading and completing the incorrect assignment will be upon the own responsibility of the student in which case the assignment will not be evaluated and deemed undone.
7. All assignments will be prepared in English by the students. Any assignment or part of the assignment in Turkish will not be assessed.
8. The main goal of the assignments is to assess how much of the learning objectives of the subject committee / clinical course are thoroughly learned by the student. Therefore, the questions should be
replied in the students’ own words and expression. The content of the student papers will be checked for
plagiarism with specific software programs.
9. The students will be able to upload a single file for each subject committee / clinical course assignment.
The file to be uploaded should only contain the answers for the specific assignment and not for any
other. If there will be answers for more than an assignment in a single file, then only the answers for the
specific assignment will be assessed.
The students who were unable to prepare their homework assignment on a computer are asked to prepare
it with readable handwriting, take pictures of the pages with all answers and upload each specific
assignment as a single file.
10. While naming the assignment file, the student numbers should be added to the end.
11. Each student will have a single chance to complete the upload. Therefore, the students should make sure
that they have the final version of their homework before the upload.
12. The students who were unable to complete the upload due to technical problems should inform their
Year Coordinator by messaging and stating their excuse via UZEM within the next hour after the
13. Any homework assignment sent by any means other than UZEM, (such as e-mail, messaging software)
will not accepted as valid.
| ||Year 1 - 2 - 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|22 June 2020, Monday||Y1C3||Internal Medicine||- Reproductive Health and Urogenital System Disorders|
- Specific Surgical Disorders
|23 June 2020, Tuesday|| || ||- Paediatric Health and Diseases |
- Basic Surgical Disorders and Invasive Procedures
|24 June 2020, Wednesday||Y2C4||Musculoskeletal System Health and Related Disorders||- Professionalism and Counselling Program|
|25 June 2020, Thursday|| || ||- Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
- Lifelong Health Block Program - Health Across Lifespan
|26 June 2020, Friday||Y3C4||Nervous System and Mental Health|| |
|29 June 2020, Monday||Y1C4||Ophthalmology|| |
|30 June 2020, Tuesday|| || || |
|01 July 2020, Wednesday||Y2C5||Otorhinolaryngology|| |
|02 July 2020, Thursday|| || || |
|03 July 2020, Friday||Y3C5|