Published Date: Thursday, 21 May 2020
As you know the Covid-19 pandemic has changed our educational system since a while. We have successfully established an online education environment and our educational activities are running in accordance with the changing dynamics of the current pandemic. During the pandemic we live in, the evaluations of the courses and trainings taken in our faculty will be made within the framework of YÖK (Higher Education Council), YODAK (The Higher Education Planning, Supervision, Accreditation and Coordination Board) and University Senate decisions in accordance with our program partner Marmara University, Faculty of Medicine. The main purpose of our faculty in education is to give you the knowledge and skills that you will use throughout your professional life. Homework, presentation methods and similar evaluations are the tools that try to guarantee these gains.
- For the evaluation of the course boards in the years 1, 2 and 3, homeworks will be given as “structured classic, multidisciplinary, short answered, space filling, figure definitions (after practices), and matching (current planning is approximately 10 questions).
- Questions will be based on the departments and weight of the course in the committee.
- Assignments will be uploaded to online system at the beginning of the day and you will be asked to upload your answers to the system on a certain day and sufficient time (current plan is to collect the results until the end of the day) will be provided that will be announced in advance.
- In term 4 and 5 internship evaluations, case-based questions will be uploaded to the system. Evaluations will be based on your answers that you will upload to the system within a certain period of time, or after online discussions (approximately 10 mins) with faculty members.
- We are also considering solutions for those students who have limitations to reach to the internet.
- For the practicals, we are considering alternative approaches as well.
- Evaluations will be made between 22 June and 5 July 2020 and the calendar is as follows:
|Year||Committee or Internship||Evaluation date|
|4||Year 4 Internships||22 June-5 July 2020|
|5||Year 5 Internships||22-26 June 2020|
Please keep in mind that, some points in this announcement may be subjected to changes depending on the changing dynamics of the current outbreak. Such possible changes will be announced in future communications. Thus, we urge all of our students to strictly follow the faculty announcements.
Dr. Fazıl Küçük Faculty of Medicine